Established in 1964, CORCHEM Corporation strives to develop, maintain, and produce highly specialized and technically advanced products for the new and expanding needs of this highly specialized industry. As a company, CORCHEM provides the highest levels of customer support, emphasizing our ability to react quickly to our customer’s needs and requirements from the beginning of a project until final completion.
CORCHEM’s strong technical expertise and nearly ½ century of experience combined with an extremely diverse array of projects, and custom engineering capability give CORCHEM the ability to be uniquely responsive to each project’s special needs from both an product performance and economic point of view.
- Oil & Gas Production
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Steel Fabricators
As a well-established and widely respected leader in an industry where the competition is multi-billion dollar companies, CORCHEM continues enjoy strong growth and success because of our ability to out maneuver the corporate giants by being more flexible and responsive to our customer’s special needs.
CORCHEM’s principals and product developers are able to meet directly with their customers to discuss needs and develop specific solutions that meet both budgetary and performance requirements. This commitment to direct customer support provides the ability to develop and produce custom products, gives CORCHEM a unique and sustainable competitive advantage over their competitors.
Paint, coatings, and eventually high-performance linings were developed as the need for them arose and as the materials allowing their production became available. Protective coatings and liners (as opposed to paint used for decorative value) are used to protect manufacturing and petrochemical processing facilities, insure against contamination of water and food supplies by processing and transport equipment and more recently to support civil infrastructure development technologies.
The need for these specialized coating products continues to rise as new industries develop, new chemicals are produced, new processes are used to protect the environment, and the cost of basic building materials increases. Their use will also increase as, in providing structural protection and added years of useful life; they become more widely recognized as a major source of energy savings.
While the cost of corrosion to mankind is extremely difficult to measure, some experts estimate that over $100 billion are lost annually in the United States alone through the effects of corrosion. In addition to damage costs, corrosion has prompted some engineers to over design structures by specifying extra metal thickness for additional life and strength. As a result, lacking effective corrosion control, countless tons of metal are consumed needlessly.
It is of economic, engineering, marketing, and management importance to determine the current value of protective coatings and liners in their major application areas on pipe and tanks, and to determine growth expectations as pollution and safety regulations increasingly affect materials of choice.
CORCHEM strives to develop, maintain, and produce highly specialized and technically advanced products for the new and expanding needs of the coatings and lining industry. As a company, CORCHEM provides the highest levels of customer support, and emphasize our ability to react quickly to our customer’s needs and requirements from the beginning of a project until final completion.
CORCHEM’s strong technical expertise more than a ½ century of experience combined with an extremely diverse array of projects, and custom development capability give CORCHEM the ability to be uniquely responsive to each project’s specific needs from both an economic and product performance point of view.
While the industry is extremely large, highly regulated, and very specialized, over the years, CORCHEM has remained successful by focusing on the development and delivery of specialized products to high-end niche markets in the areas of:
Petrochemical production and processing equipment
- Corchem 239 Fire Tube Coating is used for protecting metal fire tubes in oil field heater treaters handling hot crude, brine and wastewater at oil filed production sites.
- Corchem 255 High Build Epoxy Phenolic is used for protecting the interior metal surfaces of pressurized and non-pressurized separators, heater-treaters, free water knockouts, flow-splitters, dehydration, and vapor recovery units in oil field processing equipment for hydrocarbon liquids/gas service.
- Corchem 243 Chemical Resistant Ester is used in acid transport containment for portable, temporary storage tanks and vessels that have immersion, splash, and fumes exposure to acids, and low pH acid/oil field chemical solutions for less than 72 hours at ambient to moderate temperatures.
- Public Utilities & Agrichemal Industries
- Waste & Industrial Water Treatment
- Corchem 258 Solventless Novolac is a thick film heavy-duty lining for use in sewage digesters, clarifiers, grit chambers, manholes, wet wells and pipelines handling highly corrosive wastewater solutions containing detergents, salts, acids, alkalis, and hydrogen sulfide, methane, and carbon dioxide gases.
- Waste & Industrial Water Treatment
- Rock-Iron™ is a highly technical product that utilizes low-tech application process to reclaim existing concrete or asphalt roads. Rock-Iron™ can also be used with sand, gravel or other soils to establish new roadways without the use of concrete or asphalt. Rock-Iron™ produces a hard, long lasting surface that is impervious to weather, withstands high traffic, impact, weight, and is easily repairable.
- Concrete products
- Nova 110 Self-Leveling Epoxy is an attractive floor coating designed to provide penetration, wetting and sealing of substrates for improved structural strength and corrosion protection in severe chemical and physical environments. It is formulated to be hard, durable, impact and abrasion resistant.
As a well-established and widely respected leader in an industry where the competition includes huge multinational companies, CORCHEM continues to enjoy strong growth and success because of its ability to out maneuver the corporate giants by being more flexible and responsive to customer needs.
CORCHEM’s principals and product developers are able to meet directly with their customers to discuss needs and develop specific solutions that meet both budgetary and performance requirements. This commitment to direct customer service and inventory of established products combined with the ability to develop and produce custom products gives CORCHEM a unique and sustainable competitive advantage over their competitors.
CORCHEM’s Research and Development department can modify existing products for specific applications or develop and produce new products in small or large quantities in support of any size project. CORCHEM’s products are available under many Brand names through their distributors or directly from CORCHEM.